National Football Conference (NFC) Core 4 teams required Competitive
* 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U. All team travel together as a core
* 8 Regular season games(Solid schedule)
* Top 6 teams to the NFC playoffs/ League, Regional & National Championship.
American Football conference (AFC) Core not less than 4 of the 5 following teams competitive
* 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U or Flex option for new or reorganizing clubs 6U, 8U, 10U, 12U.
* 8 regular season games(Solid schedule)
* Top 6 teams to the AFC playoffs/ League, Regional & National championship.
*NEW ODD AGE GROUPS*
Federal Football Conference (FFC) No Core requirements and does not substitute for any required teams (Competitive)
* 7U, 9U, 11U, 13U Schedule will be produced based on available teams
* 8 Regular season games (Solid schedule)
* Top 3 teams to FFC/ League championship.
Central Football Conference (CFC) These are non-core 2nd teams and 3rd Teams (Developmental)
* 8U, 10U, 12U only.
* Schedule will be produced upon availability 8-week season.
* Top 2 team to FFC playoffs/ league championship.
6U Mighty Tots Division is the hidden jewels of the GMYFL. It offers very young football players a chance to develop their skills.
* 6U division is a semi competitive play format. with some developmental safety modification.
* Champion qualify for the premier Gridiron Championship depending on which conference there core teams are playing.
4U Flag Players cannot turn 5 years-old within the calendar year.
* 6 Game season
* top 2 teams play for championship.